Succulent shrimp in honey and soya sauce along with colorful peppers…
I like to make my dishes colorful, one of the ways is by adding peppers of different colors. Peppers impart so much color and flavor to whatever dish you are making. The other day, I stir fried the shrimp in soy sauce and honey, to that added the stir fried peppers. It was one easy dish to make and tasted so delicious.
Stir frying peppers
Combining shrimp and peppers
- Vegetable oil- 2 tbsp
- Ginger, grated- ½ tbsp
- Garlic, grated- 2 large cloves
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Red chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Shrimp, deveined and shelled- 20, large
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Honey- ½ tbsp
- Red pepper, cut into thin wedges- 1, small
- Green pepper, cut into thin wedges- 1, small
- Yellow or orange pepper, cut into thin wedges- 1, small
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp (if you need more spice)
- Place a wok over medium heat. Add oil.
- Add grated ginger and garlic, saute till golden.
- Add chili flakes, saute for a few seconds.
- Add green onions, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add shrimp, saute for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce and rice vinegar, stir fry till shrimp has cooked.
- Add honey and stir fry for a minute.
- Transfer the cooked shrimp to a bowl, keep aside.
- To the same wok, add the peppers cut into thin wedges, stir fry for a few minutes till the peppers turn slightly tender; don't over cook, it should remain crisp.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the peppers, stir fry for a minute.
- Add ground pepper if you need more spice.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve along with rice or combine with noodles.