Avocado toast along with over-easy egg, healthy breakfast…
Avocado is a superfood: rich in fiber, loaded with heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acid, lowers cholesterol, high in powerful oxidants, etc.
I often make avocado smoothie for breakfast, diced avocado can be added to salads, make guacamole, so many ways of turning avocado into a delicious dish.
Here is a super healthy dish with superfood avocado, perfect for breakfast.
- Avocado, ripe- 2
- Ground pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- a few pinches
- Lime juice- 1 tsp
- Whole wheat or Multi-grain bread
- Butter, unsalted- 1 tbsp
- Use ripe avocados.
- Using a knife, cut along the sides of the seed. Scoop out the flesh.
- Into a bowl, add the avocado.
- Using a wooden spoon or masher, mash the avocado till smooth.
- Season with ground pepper and salt.
- Add lime juice to prevent oxidation and from turning avocado to brown.
- Combine well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, let melt.
- Place the bread over the butter, let bottom side turn crispy and golden.
- Flip over and toast other side toast as well.
- Remove the toast from the pan.
- Season the toast with ground pepper and salt. Spread the mashed avocado evenly over the toast.
- On the same pan, wipe off using a paper towel.
- Crack an egg on the pan.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Let the egg cook, flip it over and let the other side cook.
- Place the over easy egg on the avocado toast and serve.
- Enjoy this healthy breakfast.