Tandoori marinated chicken wings grilled to perfection in the oven.
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Wings
Author: Anisha Kuruvilla
Recipe type: Appetiser
- Chicken Wings – 500 grams
- Chilly powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Hung curd – ½ cup (normal curd put through a strainer suspended over a bowl for half an hour)
- Lemon juice- ½ lemon
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp (you can use more)
- Dried Mint leaves – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Dried Fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp (crushed)
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Make a paste with all the ingredients except chicken wings, using a little water. Marinate the chicken wings for at least an hour. Half an hour is barely sufficient, overnight is awesome.
- Preheat the oven/grill/tandoor and bake it for ten minutes on one side.
- Flip it to the other side and cook for 5 minutes.
- You can test the doneness by touching the surface.
- If there is any sticky masala pop it in the oven for a couple of minutes more. That's it.. simple isn’t it?
- Serve hot with Mint chutney.