Potatoes marinated in Indian spices and grilled to perfection…
Summer is fading away and Fall is around the corner. I am turning a bit greedy these day and grilling away as I would put my grill to rest in Winter. Enjoying grilling while it lasts! Grilled Chicken drumsticks and corn are my favorites and I often throw these onto the grill. The other day, I grilled potatoes after marinating them in Indian spices- the marinade that I use for making tandoori chicken. The grilled potatoes turned out to be delicious, a perfect side dish to serve along with Tandoori chicken or grilled steak or any other meals.
Grilled Indian spices Potatoes
- Potatoes, halved vertically- 10
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice- ½ lemon
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Chill Powder- 1½ to 2 tsp
- Cumin powder- ¾ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Oregano, dried- 1½ tsp (or use dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt- to taste
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Yogurt- 1 cup
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned above 'to make the marinade'.
- Half the potatoes vertically, you could either keep the skin or peel it off.
- Add the potatoes into the marinade and combine well to evenly spread on the potatoes.
- Add the oil and combine well.
- Let marinate the potatoes for an hour.
- Fire up the grill at medium-low flame.
- Line an aluminum foil on the grill. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes on the foil, cover the grill and cook till potatoes turn fork tender. After 10 minutes, flip it over and cook covered.
- When the potatoes have cooked, remove the aluminum foil and place them directly on the grill and cook till grill marks are formed.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the potatoes and grill for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and serve immediately when they are warm.
- This makes an excellent side dish along with grilled chicken or steak.