French toast made into waffles, now that makes a yummy breakfast or brunch…
I am a French toast fanatic, and can have that almost everyday. On week days, I don’t have the time to make a fancy breakfast. So, during weekends, I insist that I make something different to pamper myself and my Man.
Today, being a Saturday I got the craving for waffles. I was thinking of making my usual and my most favorite cornmeal waffles. Well, things got changed in just a matter of minutes. Whole wheat bread on my kitchen island evoked the thought of making French toast. But, I wanted waffles, then I thought how about French toast waffles??? Now, that’s an awesome idea. I got excited and started making this French toast waffles.
Without any doubt, these waffles tasted YUM!
French toast waffle batter
- Bread slices, whole wheat or white- 3
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon-1/2 tsp
- Milk- ½ cup
- All purpose flour- 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, crumble the bread slices using your hand.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, ground cinnamon and milk together.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the crumbled bread, combine well using a spoon.
- Add all purpose flour, combine till a thick batter forms.
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1 large spoonful of batter onto the waffle maker. Don't over pour the batter.
- Close the waffles maker and let it turn golden brown in color.
- Place the French toast waffles on a plate, drizzle Maple syrup or honey. Sprinkle Powdered sugar if you want and serve warm.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee. Tastes so yum!
- To make more, increase the ingredients accordingly, make sure to make a thick batter.