No flour added, just with peanut butter you can make these delicious cookies…
These are perfect for treating any gluten intolerant people or who loves peanut butter. I was amazed by the taste of these cookies, I couldn’t believe it didn’t have flour, tasted better than the cookies which has flour in it. Using a very few ingredients, without much preparation you can make these delectable cookies.
Though it only has peanut butter, I didn’t feel the intense peanut taste in these so I indulged in it too.
Flourless peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies
Recipe courtesy: Martha Stewart website
- Peanut butter, creamy- 1 cup
- Sugar- ¾ cup
- Egg, slightly beaten- 1, large
- Baking soda- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- ¾ cup
- Roasted cashew nuts or peanuts, slightly crushed- ½ cup
- Flaxseeds (optional)- to sprinkle on dough
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Since I used refrigerated creamy peanut butter it was little thick, so I had to slightly cream the peanut butter and sugar taken in a bowl using an electric hand mixer.
- Don't over cream the peanut butter and sugar till it turns watery, it should be a thick mixture.
- To the creamed peanut butter and sugar add the eggs, beat the eggs for a couple of seconds.
- Add all the other ingredients and combine well using a spatula till everything has incorporated well.
- I used roasted cashew nuts, you could use peanuts instead.
- Make small balls out of the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle flaxseeds on top of each dough ball. This is just optional
- If the dough is too wet and cannot be made into balls, you could refrigerate it for 20 minutes so that it will be easier to make into balls.
- I didn't refrigerate the dough, it was slightly wet and I dropped small balls on the baking sheet.
- Make sure you place the dough balls at least 3 inches apart as it will double in size while baking.
- Place the baking sheet on the top rack in the oven and bake for 15 minutes till it's golden and puffed up.
- After 15 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, the cookies won't be set well.
- Let cool down on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, once it cools down it will set and harden a bit.
- Transfer to a plate and cool down completely.
- Enjoy these delicious cookies before it gets finished.
You have to let it cool down for at least 5 minutes, as it cools down it will set and harden a bit and tastes better.
Don't cream the peanut butter and sugar too much till it gets watery, it should be a thick mixture.
Refrigerate the dough so that it will be easier to work with.