Easy to make hassle free biryani…
Fun weekend became more eventful when we had a mini tornado in the evening. It was unbelievably cloudy since morning and we expected heavy rain in the morning. However, it started to rain only in the evening accompanied by hails and thunderstorm and a mini tornado. I didn’t miss clicking the pictures, I was hoping to see a rainbow as it got brighter after the rain but in vain.
For lunch, I wanted to make something different and so I started thinking wild. However, nothing clicked and I kept thinking and thinking. When I felt that nothing is going to happen, I settled down on this express biryani. Such a hassle free recipe, and tasted delish too.
Express Chicken Biryani
Chicken combined with all spices
- Chicken diced, bone-in- 12 pieces
- Green chilly, chopped- 3
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Onion, chopped- 2, large
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Yogurt- 3 tbsp
- Mint Leaves- 7 leaves
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handful
- Basmati Rice- 2½ cups
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole cardamom- 2
- Whole cloves-
- Bay leaves- 2
- Water- 2 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Saffron- 2 pinches, soaked in 1 tbsp water
- Cashew nuts, roasted in ghee- ¼ cup
- Fried onions- 1 onion fried in oil till golden brown (optional)
- Combine the rice along with cumin seeds, whole cardamom, whole cloves, bay leaves, salt, ghee and water. Cook rice in a rice cooker. Keep aside.
- In a large cooking pan, combine all the above mentioned ingredients for cooking chicken. Cook covered till chicken has cooked well and the water has dried off.
- Add the cooked rice to the cooked chicken, combine well.
- Add the ghee and combine to the rice.
- Drizzle the saffron over the rice.
- Add roasted cashew nuts and fried onion, combine.
- Remove from the heat and keep covered for a few minutes.
- Serve warm with raita and salad.