Light and creamy cheese cupcakes…
I wasn’t that fond of cheese cake a few years ago, but now I am very fond of it. After trying out a few delicious cheese cakes, I couldn’t help falling for it. It’s such a versatile dessert and can be made in different flavors. My most favorite is cappuccino flavor, and the next favorite is strawberry. Here are the recipes:
Last month, I had tried making cheese cake with ricotta cheese. It turned out to be so light, creamy and delicious. I poured the cheese batter into cupcake liners as I love to serve desserts in petite size. Since the cheesecake wasn’t flavored up with anything else, I drizzled the cheese cupcakes with strawberry coulis. A perfect dessert that can be whipped up with less effort and can be gobbled up with so much greed.
This recipe was published on London Link magazine’s Spring issue
Easy Ricotta Cheese cupcakes with Strawberry Mint Coulis
Step by Step Pictures
- Ricotta cheese- 475 g
- Egg, at room temperature- 3
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1½ tsp
- Strawberries, halved- 12
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- Mint leaves- 6 leaves
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries, mint and sugar.
- Cook covered till strawberries are cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, puree the mixture using a hand blender or in a blender to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for making ricotta cheesecake using a whisk.
- Incorporate all the ingredients well.
- Grease the cup cake liners with non-stick cooking spray, place them on the cupcake pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners leaving some room for the batter to expand while baking.
- Fill 2 inch of a large baking pan with water, place the cupcake pan over the water taken in the baking pan.
- Carefully place the baking pan with the cupcake pan into the oven.
- Bake for an hour. After 30 minutes of baking, rotate the baking pan to the other side (this is to ensure even baking).
- After 1 hour, take the cheese cupcakes from the oven and place them on a cooling wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Top the cheese cupcakes with strawberry-mint coulis.
- Indulge in this light and creamy dessert with your family and friends.