One of my favorite ways to make cabbage with the egg added to it…
I don’t make too many dishes with cabbage, usually it would be stir fries. I like to flavor up the bland cabbage by adding eggs to it. This is one dish that I make whenever I have cabbage in my refrigerator. This can be served as a side dish with rice or can be wrapped in chapati, tortilla or roti.
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole dry red chili- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Green chili, chopped- 3
- Cabbage, grated- ½ of a medium cabbage
- Water- ¼ cup
- Eggs, large- 2
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coconut grated- ½ cup
- Ground pepper- ½ to 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Place a pan over medium heat, add oil and let it turn hot.
- Add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds and whole dry red chili, saute for a second.
- Add onions, curry leaves, green chilies and a few dash of salt, saute till translucent.
- Add cabbage along with water, cook covered till cabbage has turned tender.
- Open the lid and cook till the water dries off.
- Move the cabbage to one side of the pan and crack the eggs on the other side.
- Scramble the eggs and combine with the cabbage, let the eggs cook.
- Add turmeric powder and ground pepper, combine well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add grated coconut, stir fry till coconut turns light golden in color.
- Taste and add more salt and ground pepper if needed.
- Serve as a side dish with rice, or wrap it in chapati, tortilla, rotis etc.