Turn your bread into pizza, makes a delicious finger food for any parties…
I made this for my niece’s birthday party, all the kids loved it and was a huge hit.
Easy Bread Pizza
Recipe type: Appetiser
- Bread slices, halved diagonally- 10 to 12 slices
- Blend of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese
- Butter, unsalted
For making the sauce
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Onions, chopped- 2
- Garlic, chopped- 2 cloves
- Dried Oregano- 2 tsp
- Corn kernels- 1 cup
- Green pepper, chopped- 1
- Red pepper, chopped- 1
- Ragu Pizza sauce (store bought)- 1 bottle (14 oz) or 2 cups (or use tomato sauce)
- Ground pepper- ¾ tsp
- Salt- to taste, if needed
- Half the bread slices diagonally.
- On a pan, melt some butter and place the halved bread slices and toast till golden in color. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, season with salt and saute till light golden in color.
- Add dried oregano, combine well.
- Add corn kernels, green pepper and red pepper, combine well and cook till veggies turn slightly soft.
- Add pizza sauce or tomato sauce, combine well.
- Season with ground pepper and salt if needed.
- Cook for a few minutes till the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- Place the toasted halved bread slices on a baking pan.
- Spread the prepared veggie pizza sauce over each slice.
- Top with cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes till the cheese has melted.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and serve the bread pizza.