Quickly fixed creamy and delicious pasta…
I am having an exam on Thursday and I am actively involved in
studying all other activities but studying. My evil mind keeps whispering that I got one more day and should really wait till the last minute so that I can remain as a loyal member of the ‘last-minute study club’. Well, I somehow succeeded in murdering my evil mind and flipped through the study materials sitting in my office. After two flips and there I was seen yawning to glory. I asked myself: Are you kidding me??? If there is someone out there who is really struggling to overcome insomnia, I have a piece of advice for you. Go back to school!!! As soon as you open up your study materials or as exam days are nearing, sleep will be the most predominant factor in your life. You’ll say goodbye to insomnia and will scream, more coffee, please. How ironic!!!
After having a cup of coffee, I was recharged and felt focused. I browsed through my Picasa food album and tried to figure out which recipe should I post next by looking at the food pictures. Cream of mushroom and chicken pasta sounded perfect to share with you all as it’s an ideal quick-fix meal especially during busy days or any day.
I combined chicken, Campbell’s cream of mushroom and pasta, the outcome was simply delicioso.
- Chicken, boneless diced- 2 breasts
- Oregano, dried- 1½ tsp (or use Italian seasoning)
- Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup- 1 can (400 mL)
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Cooked Pasta, fusilli or penne
- Parsley or cilantro chopped- ¼ cup
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Use penne or fusilli pasta.
- Cook pasta (300g) in boiling water seasoned with ¼ tsp salt till pasta turns soft. Do not over cook the pasta.
- Drain the water and keep aside the cooked pasta.
- Season the diced chicken with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground pepper, and dried oregano; cook covered in a large saucepan.
- When the chicken has cooked well, add cream of mushroom soup. Let the soup come to a slight boil.
- Add the cooked pasta, season with ¼ tsp ground black pepper; combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Delicious dinner or lunch will be ready in less than 20 minutes, enjoy.
- Leftover pasta can be refrigerated.
Cream of mushroom soup can be replaced with Cream of chicken soup.