Cranberry and white chocolate blondies, perfect treat for holidays…
I love baking, especially during winter. On a cold snowy day, I get the craving for having something sweet and delicious. Instead of getting something from the nearby coffee shop, I get into my kitchen wearing my pyjamas, turn on the music real loud, move to the music and I whip up something real quick. For me, Snow and baking is a match made in heaven. How I wish I could bake every single day in winter.
Yesterday, while browsing for some easy desserts to whip up, I came across the recipe for making cranberry white chocolate blondies. The best part was I didn’t have to take my stand mixer out, just a whisk and a spatula was enough to mix the blondie batter. That’s my kind of baking and it only took 15 minutes to make the batter and 35 minutes for the oven to bake these perfectly soft and moist blondies.
Well, blondies are brownies without the cocoa added to it. For making blondies, brown sugar is also added. I love adding brown sugar to my cakes or desserts, the caramel flavor it imparts makes any dessert taste divine. Yum Yum…
Recipe Courtesy- Laura Vitale
- Butter, unsalted and softened- ½ cup or 1 stick
- Brown sugar- ½ cup
- White sugar- ½ cup
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- All purpose flour- 1¼ cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Milk- ⅓ cup
- Orange zest- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Fresh Small Cranberries- 1 cup (if large, half the cranberries)
- White Chocolate chips- ½ cup
- Pecans or any nuts, chopped- ½ cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Line a 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, grease with melted butter.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In another bowl, using a whisk- beat softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar together till smooth.
- Add egg, combine well.
- Add vanilla extract, combine well.
- Add orange zest, combine well.
- Add the flour mix, using a rubber spatula combine well.
- Add milk and combine well using the rubber spatula till smooth.
- Add the cranberries, white chocolate chips and pecans, combine well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, using the spatula smoothen the top.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, let cool down for a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Let cool down completely.
- Using a knife, cut into squares.
- Serve along with coffee or milk. It's delicious.