Perfect cookies for the holiday season…
After being sick for more than a week, today I felt better. And I realized it’s been a while since I’ve baked cookies. In the evening, the gloomy weather encouraged me to do baking. I love the combination of dried cranberries and white chocolates. When they are added into shortbread cookie dough, the cookies turned delicious.
These shortbread cookies have a rich buttery flavor and they just melts into your mouth.
Recipe Source: Joyofbaking
Mini Tart Pans
Shortbread dough topped with ground pistachio nuts
- Butter, unsalted- ½ cup or 1 stick, at room temperature
- Sugar- ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract- ½ tsp
- All purpose flour- ¾ cup
- Cornmeal- ¼ cup (ground corn kernels)
- Rice flour or cornstarch- 1 tbsp
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Dried cranberries- ⅓ cup
- White chocolate chips- ¼ cup
- Ground pistachio nuts- ⅓ cup
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar till smooth for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and beat for a few seconds.
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, cornmeal, rice flour and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar, beat till everything has well incorporated.
- Add the dried cranberries and white chocolates, combine well using a spatula.
- Use a 8 inch tart pan with removable bottom. I used mini tart pans.
- Press the prepared dough evenly into the tart pan.
- Using a fork, prick the surface of the shortbread.
- On top of the shortbread dough, evenly sprinkle ground pistachios.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- After 55 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Let cool down for 15 minutes, the cookies will harden and will be set well.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy.