Coconut water and pureed strawberry mixed with lemon soda, refreshing summer drink…
Finally, I can say that Spring has started to fade and Summer has started to bloom. After the freezing winter, we enjoy the warm weather to the fullest and want to be outdoors all the time. However, my Man dreads the month of May as he will be down with hay fever and will be seen indoors staying away from all the pollen attack. He was feeling better yesterday , so we went to the beach and had some relaxing time with the Nature. It was beautiful and serene.
While strolling along the shore, my Man picked up a heart shaped stone and gave it to me 🙂
Parasailing at the beach
In Summer, when the temperature goes up everyone needs a refreshing drink to quench the thirst. While living in kerala, I used to drink fresh coconut water and that’s the best of all summer drinks. Yet another favorite of mine is homemade ginger lemonade.
The other day, I had store bought coconut water and strawberries in my refrigerator, so I thought of combining them both and then add lemon juice and soda to it. I loved this combination and it was in deed a refreshing and energetic drink.
- Coconut water, chilled- 1 cup
- Fresh Ripe Strawberries- 4
- Water-1/2 cup
- Sprite or Ginger Ale, chilled- ½ cup
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed- 1 tbsp
- Fresh Strawberry, halved- 1
- Lemon wedge- 1
- Mint leaves- 2 to 3 leaves
- In a blender, puree strawberries with ½ cup water. Strain the strawberry puree to remove any tiny seeds in it.
- In a pitcher, combine coconut water, pureed strawberry, lemon juice and sprite or ginger ale.
- Add halved strawberry and a lemon wedge into a tall glass and pour the coconut water strawberry lemon soda into the glass.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.