Chilled Cashew nut milk with fruits, falooda sev and basil seeds…Yummy!
This is quite a healthy and nutritious drink, ground cashew nuts are cooked in milk and condensed milk seasoned with saffron, chill the seasoned cashew nut milk. While serving, I added mixed fruits, falooda sev, soaked basil seeds, dates and honey. These made this drink so delicious. If you want to make it even more delicious you could add a scoop of ice cream as well.
- Milk- 1½ cups
- Condensed Milk- 4 tbsp
- Roasted Cashew Nuts- ¼ cup- grind with ¼ cup water
- Saffron- 2 pinches
- Mixed Fruits- chopped apple, banana, orange
- Falooda sev- 2 tbsp/glass
- Soaked basil seeds- 3 tbsp/glass (takmaria or sabja)
- Dates, chopped
- Cashew nuts
- Honey- ½ tbsp/glass
- Cut falooda sev into 2 inches. Add ½ cup of cut falooda sev into a saucepan along with 1 cup water, cook till it turns soft. Drain the water and keep aside. You can even use thin vermicelli.
- Soak ½ tbsp basil seeds or takmaria or sabja in ¼ cup water till they have plumped up.
- You can use a mix of your favorite fruits.
- Grind cashew nuts along with water till smooth.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add milk, condensed milk, ground cashew nuts and saffron.
- Cook till the milk starts to boil, lower the heat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Let the cashew nut milk cool down, after that chill it in the refrigerator.
- While serving, into a tall glass: add mixed fruits, 2 tbsp of cooked falooda sev, 3 tbsp soaked basil seeds, pour the chilled cashew nut milk. Top with chopped dates, cashew nuts and drizzle ½ tbsp honey over it.
- If you want you could even add a scoop of ice cream into the cashew nut milk. Drizzle with strawberry or caramel syrup etc etc.