Chicken filling that can be used for making many snacks…
Let’s make our cooking easier during Ramadan. For Iftar, everyone likes to enjoy some kind of snack, especially kids.. Making everything from scratch everyday can be tiresome. If we plan ahead cooking gets more easier.
I’d already shared the collection of snacks that you can make during Ramadan. There are some chicken snacks that uses the same kind of chicken filling, but the outcome will look different.
Below is the recipe for making the chicken filling, you could double or triple the amount, store it in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for a week or store small portions in separate ziploc bags and freeze it for a month.
You could use the same chicken filling for making all these snacks: 12 snacks with the same chicken filling!
Ladies who observe fast: Don’t stress out and worry about making complicated food. Make it simple and devote more time to prayers. Have a blessed Ramadan everyone!
Cooking Video- How to make Easy Chicken Filling and Make 10 Snacks
3- Cauliflower Bread Rolls- Vegetarian– Add cooked potatoes to the chicken filling, replace cauliflower filling with the chicken filling.
7- Egg Puffs – Egg Masala in Puff Pastry- Baked – Use chicken filling instead of egg masala
10- Beef Stuffed Poori – Use chicken filling instead of beef
11- Chicken or Meat cutlet – You have to add cooked potato to the chicken filling so as to make balls
13- Momos or Steamed Dumplings– Use chicken filling instead of veg filling
14- Chimichanga or Fried Tortilla Rolls– Mexican Appetizer: You could use chicken filling along with cheese/beans/rice etc. You could even use chapati instead of tortilla.
15 – Kinnapathiri – Gluten free and steamed: Use chicken masala instead of beef masala
- Chicken breasts, chopped small- 2 breasts
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Onions, chopped small- 3
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chilies, chopped- 1 or 2
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken with all the above mentioned ingredients “for cooking chicken”. Cook covered till the chicken has cooked well and turns light brown- about 20 minutes.
- Shed the cooked chicken, Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add oil, let it turn hot.
- Add, onions chopped small, a few pinches of salt, saute till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, garam masala and green chili, saute till onions turn brown in color.
- Add the cooked shredded chicken to the onions, stir fry for a few minutes.
- Have a taste, add more salt or chili powder/ground pepper for spice if needed.
- Add cilantro, cook for a minute, remove the pan from the heat, keep aside.
- Double or triple this recipe, store the chicken filling in an air-tight container and keep refrigerated for a week or freeze small portions in separate ziplock bags for a month.