A finger licking curry, and Yes chicken and peas gets along so well…
Don’t you all think this week is quite a drag??? Finally, Wednesday is coming to an end. I had a long busy day, wrapped up this day by practicing Golf for the big tournament on Saturday. A few months ago, I’d thought that Golf was such a boring sport. It didn’t take too long for me to change this opinion; I started playing Golf a few weeks ago and found it to be interesting and relaxing. Yet again I learned that without really knowing about something we shouldn’t come to a conclusion. Looking forward to having some fun at the Golf tournament.
I made this chicken and peas curry last weekend, one of the best tasting curries I had in a while. I adore the combination of peas and chicken, they both compliment each other a lot. Made a very aromatic and flavorful gravy, cooked the chicken and peas in it and a delicious curry was served.
After adding peas
Cooking with chicken
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom, whole-2
- Cloves, whole-2
- Cinnamon- 2 inch slice
- Whole black pepper corns- 5
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Ginger- chopped- 2 inch slice
- Garlic, chopped- 1 large clove
- Green chilies, chopped-2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Onion, chopped- 1 large
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Kashmiri red chili powder- 1 tsp (for more spice add regular chili powder)
- Coriander powder- 1½ tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Ground cumin- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Tomato paste- 3 tbsp
- Peas, frozen/thawed- 1 cup
- Chicken legs or bone in pieces- 5 to 7 pieces
- Salt- to taste
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handful
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add oil. Let oil turn hot.
- Add whole cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, pepper corns and cumin seeds in the oil, saute for a few seconds.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic into the oil, saute till they turn light golden in color.
- Add green chilies and curry leaves, saute for a second.
- Add onion, and a few pinches of salt, cook till translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, saute and cook till onions turn light golden in color.
- Add tomatoes, cook till it gets mashed up.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, ground cumin and garam masala, saute for a few seconds.
- Add tomato paste, combine well.
- Add a little water to thin down the gravy.
- Add peas and chicken to the gravy, add salt to taste and cook covered till chicken has cooked well.
- If the mixture gets dry, add water little by little and cook.
- After the chicken has cooked well, uncover the pan, have a taste add more salt if needed.
- If the gravy is too thick add some water to thin it down. The gravy should have thick constituency.
- Sprinkle cilantro over the curry, cook for a minute and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve this curry with Naan, chapati, rice etc.