This is a Guest Post by Nilofer Ajmal
This is not a snack that you would really expect when I mention “chaat”. It is a curry goes well with chappathis, Puris and Battura. Chana chaat is the name I had given and is something that can be prepared very quickly with your pressure cooker doing all her job. The crunchiness of the raw onion and the smell of lemon juice will surely pin this recipe to your quick & tasty list.
Author: Nilofer Ajmal
Recipe type: Side Dish
Cuisine: North Indian
- Chana or Chickpeas : ½ cup ; soaked overnight
- Onion : 2 ; finely chopped
- Tomato : 1 ; finely sliced
- Chilli powder : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder : ½ tsp
- Chaat masala : ½ tsp (optional)
- Green Chillies : 3-4 ; finely chopped (adjust the count according to spiciness)
- Water : 2 cups
- Lemon juice : 2-3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves : chopped ; a handful
- Take a pressure cooker and add soaked chickpeas, 1½ of onion , 3 green chillies, tomato, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and water.
- When the chickpeas get cooked after the required whistles, open the cooker.
- If water is still there increase the flame and dry it out.
- When water is completely drained, pour onto a bowl. Add lemon juice, remaining onion, 1 green chilli and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot
- Dont forget to add raw onion, coriander leaves and lemon juice at the end. This dish is nothing without its flavor.