Crispy fritters with cauliflower…
Turn cauliflower into fritters, makes a perfect appetizer or an evening snack. An easy recipe and is gluten free.
Recipe type: Appetiser
- Cauliflower florets- separated from ½ of a cauliflower
- Chili powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Gram flour or besan or chickpea flour- ¾ cup
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Oil- ½ to 1 cup
- Separate the florets from the cauliflower.
- Soak the florets in warm water for 10 minutes, this way any small bugs in the cauliflower can be removed. Drain the water and rinse the florets taken in a strainer under running water.
- Pat dry the florets and place them in a large bowl.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and salt, combine well.
- Add gramfour or besan, combine well.
- Add water and combine well till the florets are evenly coated.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add oil, let oil turn hot.
- Place the florets in oil and fry till they turn crispy and light golden brown.
- Place on a plate lined with kitchen paper towel.
- Serve warm along with tomato ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.