Perfect “No bake No cook” dessert to welcome the New year…
2013 is coming to a glorious end, it was in deed a spectacular year for me in all ways. I am so looking forward to 2014 and eager to see what’s in store for me. I am not a big fan of New year’s resolutions, so for that reason I am not making any. Well, I heard a rumor that my Man is planning to cut down on sweets and chocolates. Does that mean that I get to enjoy all the cakes and sweets all by myself??? That sounds awesome!!!
As the New year is around the corner, I am sure many of you will be planning to make delicious desserts and cakes. There will be get togethers, pot lucks and other gatherings, whipping up something really delicious in less time is on everyone’s mind. This is one such dessert that can be made in just a matter of minutes. This can be served for breakfast or as a dessert after any meal. It’s quite healthy as the bottom layer has fruits and is topped with cappuccino mousse which is very light.
Wishing all my dear readers a Happy and Exciting New year!!!
Cappuccino Mousse recipe adapted from here.
- White chocolate chips- ½ cup
- Instant coffee- 2 tsp dissolved in 1 tsp warm water
- Heavy cream- ¼ cup + ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract- 1½ tsp
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Mixed fruits- Apple, Mandarin orange segments, dates, ripe banana
- Cherries- for topping
- Take white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave it at high power for a minute. Combine well using a spatula and microwave again for 30 to 40 seconds till the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Dissolve instant coffee in water.
- Add coffee, vanilla extract, ¼ cup cream to the melted chocolate.
- Using a whisk combine well till it turns smooth, creamy and thick. If it's watery slightly beat using an electric mixer till soft peaks are formed. Let cool completely.
- Beat the remaining ¾ cup heavy cream along with sugar using an electric hand mixer till stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the prepared chocolate/coffee mixture into the whipped cream.
- The mixture shouldn't be watery, it should be fluffy and stiff.
- Add mixed fruits into a glass of your choice, top with cappuccino mousse, place a couple of cherries on the mousse, if needed sprinkle shaved chocolates over it.
- Chill it for 15 minutes and serve.