It’s baked, it’s extra lean ground beef, it has sesame seeds and is delicious…
I baked these extra lean ground beef patties last weekend, served them with salad and pesto mayonnaise dipping (recipe coming soon). I will be mostly seen least enthusiastic about cooking during day time that too on a weekend. I will be a couch potato either watching TV or browsing the internet or reading something or chatting with friends/family. My hungry man would make a few requests at first, then he would get a little intense, that’s when I consider ungluing myself from the couch and make a move to the kitchen. I’ll step into the kitchen with my mind full of this thought “How to make a yummy lunch without much effort?”
So, for last Saturday’s lunch I made these ground beef patties or cutlets. All I did was mixing up the ground beef along with some seasonings, rolled it into small balls, placed them on the baking sheet and put it into the oven. After that I resumed gluing to the couch. Seeing me sitting relaxed, my man thought that I had zero intention to make lunch and he almost got ready to go out for lunch. I stopped him and said “you’ll be enjoying a delicious lunch soon”. The baked ground beef patties came out perfect out of the oven, I served them with salad and pesto mayo dipping. My man felt glad that he didn’t go out for lunch and I was glad that I’d made a yummy lunch without much effort.
Make it healthy: Use extra lean ground beef, bake it and serve with lots of greens/salad.
Step by Step Pictures
- Extra lean ground Beef- 1 lb or ½ kg
- Dried basil- 1 tsp
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tbsp (or use soy sauce)
- Dried chili flakes- ½ tsp
- Green pepper, chopped very small- 1
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour- ⅓ cup (or use gluten free flour)
- Salt- to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C.
- In a large bowl, combine all the above mentioned ingredients well.
- Make medium sized balls out of the mixture and flatten it between the palm of your hands.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the ground beef patties on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, flip the patties over and bake for another 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm along with salad.
- You could even place these patties between toasted breads/buns and top with cheese or wrap it in a tortilla or pita bread along with greens/veggies.