Tilapia fillets coated with parmesan and corn flake crumbs and baked till crispy; turned out to be a delicious meal…
A couple of days ago, my Man graced the kitchen and made baked crusted haddock for dinner. I was totally impressed and I enjoyed it thoroughly,the fillets were perfectly crispy yet juicy inside. Since, I came home so hungry after work, I just gobbled up and forgot to click pictures. I wanted to share the recipe with you all , so I decided to recreate the dish over the weekend, click pictures and blog about it.
This is a rather simple dish to make, you just have to dip the fillets in milk and then coat with seasoned parmesan-breadcrumbs or corn flake crumbs and then bake them into the oven. The fillets came out crispy outside, moist inside and tasted delicious.
You could serve this with rice, couscous, roasted or steamed veggies, mashed potatoes etc.
Indeed, an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- Tilapia fillets- 4 (or use haddock or basa fillet)
- Milk- ½ cup
- Salt- a few pinches
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Parmesan cheese- ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs- ¾ cup
- Italian seasoning- ½ tbsp (use any kind of seasoning)
- Garlic powder- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Melted butter- 2 tbsp
- Use boneless, skinless tilapia fillets. You could even use haddock or basa fillets.
- Preheat oven to 500 F or 260 C.
- In a bowl, combine milk, salt and ground pepper.
- In another bowl, combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs (or corn flake crumbs), Italian seasoning and garlic powder. I used corn flake crumbs.
- Pat dry the fillets with kitchen paper towel.
- First, dip the fillet in milk mixture.
- Then, press the fillet into the parmesan-crumbs and evenly coat on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray the foil generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the coated fillets on the aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with melted butter on all the fillets.
- Place the baking sheet on the top most rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, (wear oven gloves, it's very hot) and take the baking sheet out of the oven.
- Let cool down for a few minutes.
- Serve the baked crusted fillets along with couscous, rice, roasted veggies, mashed potatoes etc.
- I served with veggie couscous and sprinkled parmesan cheese over the couscous. It was yum.