Egg in an avocado, healthy breakfast made effortlessly…
This is my latest new favorite weekend breakfast. If you haven’t included avocado in your diet, you should start eating avocados soon, it has a lot of health benefits and is high in all kinds of nutrients and minerals. One of my favorite milkshakes is avocado milkshake, tastes delicious and healthy at the same time.
The other day, I tried making this baked avocado egg. Why did it take this long to try this amazing healthy breakfast??? Anyway, better late than never. I fell head over heels for this and have been making this every weekend. Love it!
Baked Avocado Egg Cooking video
Crack egg into Avocado
Egg in an avocado- ready to be baked
- Ripe Avocados- 4 (based on how many you want)
- Eggs- 4 (based on how many you want)
- Paprika- few pinches/avocado
- Ground pepper- few pinches/avocado
- Salt- 2 pinches/avocado
- Green onion, chopped- 2 pinches/avocado
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 pinches/avocado
- Cut the top part (1/2 inch) of the avocado vertically.
- Using a spoon remove the seed and scoop out some flesh, leave ½ inch thick flesh on the skin.
- Place the avocado on the hole in the cupcake pan to keep it steady.
- Crack an egg into the avocado, if the egg white spills over gently remove some white egg.
- Season the egg with paprika, ground pepper, salt, green onion and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Place the avocados placed on the cupcake pan in the preheated oven- on the middle rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool down for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve this along with toast.
- Chop well, the avocado flesh that was scooped out.
- Combine with the egg whites removed from the avocado.
- Season with paprika, ground pepper, salt, green onions and cilantro.
- Grease the hole in the cupcake pan with non stick cooking pan.
- Pour the combined avocado-egg white and bake at 425 F for 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Or make milkshake out of Avocado, it's YUM.