Oven roasted butternut squash, I devoured it…
I’d roasted butternut squash a couple of months ago, and this made a perfect veggie side dish. I often make soups using butternut squash, however roasting them has become my new favorite way of enjoying butternut squash. I added Asian seasonings to the diced butternut squash and oven roasted it. It turned out to be the best tasting veggie side dish.
Butternut Squash ready to be roasted
- Butternut squash - 1 small, diced
- Soy sauce- 1½ tbsp
- Roasted red chili paste- 1 tbsp (Thai Kitchen Brand) or add Sambal Oelek
- Rice vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil- 1½ tsp
- Chili oil- 1 tsp
- Ground Pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, combine the above mentioned ingredients.
- Spread the butternut squash on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes or till the butternut squash has roasted well.